From "Schuweiler, Joel J." <Schuweiler.J...@mayo.edu>
Subject Log4j, websphere, rad, and log4j.xml location
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:02:15 GMT
I am trying to configure log4j using

PropertyConfigurator.configure("log4j.xml");

I am however having an issue. I never receive a logging event. When I look at the websphere
log, log4j says it is unable to find log4j.xml. I'm using RAD (IBM's Rappid Application Developer)
to write the program that uses the log4j and I'm wondering exactly what I need to feed it
for a path to this file. I can not use an absolute path because I will never know what that
absolute path is since it will be running in websphere.

Another issue I'm having is when I import an external jar and then upload my war to websphere
it can't find any of the log4j stuff.

I can include exact errors if this will help.

thanks

Joel Schuweiler
Middleware
Schuweiler.Joel@mayo.edu