From Kuldeep Kumar <kuldeep.ku...@wellsfargo.com>
Subject AsyncAppender with dbAppender
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 20:55:26 GMT
Hi,
  I am trying a prototype using AsyncAppender with dbAppender to centralize
the logging information from multiple clustered servers. Having the logging in
the database tables also enables quick access to the logged information.

In the prototype, when I try to log a bunch of messages, the AsyncAppender
seems to wait for the buffer to clear out and the buffer does not seem to
flush at all. I have tried to log around 150 messages with the BufferSize of
128 and quite a few different combinations. It appears to work once and then
the main thread seems to hang. I tried this with a standalone simple java
application and also within a web-app, but I see very similar results. Just an
fyi, I used datasource with the web-app.

I was kind of excited about the prototype and having this to be implemented in
the real project, but AsyncAppender seems to be a bottleneck.

Thanks,
Kuldeep.