From Konrad Billewicz <caro...@carolus.pl>
Subject Re: Must use relative path for log file
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:45:03 GMT
> I'm not sure why what you have wouldn't work?  However, the double backslashes
> are unnecesary (and could, possibly, be breaking things).  They tie the config
> file to a windows box.  Just use single forward slashes.  This will work on
> both Windows and UNIX systems.

I read somewhere that they are necesary. But they are working when I place full
path manually, so they are not a problem.

> BTW, wasn't the point to set the REL_PATH propery in code, not in the config
> file?

I wish and  I have to to place all config variables in one file (it's context
file in Tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost). So in log4j.properties I can't have any
configuration variables. That is the reason.

Best regards,
Konrad Billewicz