From Mark Womack <mwom...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PropertyConfigurator.configureAndWatch
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 16:52:42 GMT
Yes, configureAndWatch has been removed in favor of the Watchdog mechanism.
There should be a FileWatchdog as part of the 1.3 package. It has been
generally tested, but probably needs more. Especially around configuring it
from config files and what happens when the file actually updates. That
whole mechanism is on my plate for the 1.3 review and push to beta.

One thing of note with the Watchdogs is that they are no longer tied to a
specific configurator class. The watchdog can support any Configurator and
does not require any support or changes from the configurator (though we had
to add one new method to the Configurator interface).

-Mark