From "Philip Denno" <pde...@tsi.bc.ca>
Subject RE: heartbeat to trigger log rotation
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:10:09 GMT
You could implement a timer in your code to write some data at a
specified period (say midnight).

I don't think this can be done from log4j configuration.

Cheers,
Philip.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fong Vang [mailto:sudoyang@gmail.com]
Sent: October 17, 2005 1:07 PM
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: heartbeat to trigger log rotation

Even though some of our log files use the DailyRollingFileAppender (set
to rotate log daily), several of our logs are not being rotated because
they don't get any activity.  What's the easiest way to configure log4j
to rotate a log file regardless of activities or not?
What's the easiest way to add a "heartbeat" if this functionality
doesn't exist?

TIA!