From Travis Cripps <tra...@apparentmotion.com>
Subject Re: Programmatically controlling log4j
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2005 23:35:49 GMT
Rakesh,

You can programmatically access each Logger that you want to control
and explicitly set its logging level.

Something like:

import org.apache.log4j.Level;
import org.apache.log4j.LogManager;
import org.apache.log4j.Logger;

public class LevelSetter {

     public static void setLoggerLevel(String loggerName, Level
aLevel) {
         if (LogManager.exists(loggerName)) {
             Logger log = LogManager.getLogger(loggerName);
             log.setLevel(aLevel);
         }
     }

         setLoggerLevel("log4j.logger.org.springframework", Level.OFF);
         setLoggerLevel("log4j.logger.org.apache.log4", Level.OFF);

     }

}

I haven't tested this, but you should be able to get the basic
picture.  It's pretty simple.

Best of luck.

Travis