From "Rakesh Patel" <Rakesh.Pa...@sharepeople.com>
Subject RE: Log4J Eclipse
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 16:17:32 GMT
I've just installed Ganymede but cannot get it to work. No errors, just
nothing. Here's my property file:

log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, Ganymede

log4j.appender.Ganymede=org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender
log4j.appender.Ganymede.remoteHost=localhost
log4j.appender.Ganymede.port=4445
log4j.appender.Ganymede.locationInfo=true

I would put this question on sourceforge but the last post was over a
year ago so not sure if anyone's there.

Rakesh

PS Am using Eclipse 3.1

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Gutierrez [mailto:alan-log4j-user@engrm.com]
Sent: 04 October 2005 16:07
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Log4J Eclipse

* Robert Hedin <robert@ndsapps.com> [2005-10-04 11:03]:
> Checkout the Ganymede Plugin for Eclipse:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ganymede/
>
> Basically, you setup your appenders to use a SocketAppender and this
> listens for logging messages and displays them, color coded, in a
table.
> Also allows you to filter the messages, etc.

    Perfect.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan@engrm.com - http://engrm.com/blogometer/

American Express Investments and American Express Independent Financial Advisers are marketing
names for American Express Financial Services Europe Limited, a separate corporation within
the American Express group of companies.  American Express Financial Services Europe Limited
is authorised and regulated by, and is entered into the register (No. 190853 www.fsa.gov.uk/register/)
of, the Financial Services Authority and a member of the London Stock Exchange. Registered
in England No. 3614902. Registered address: 230 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8NW. Vat No.
740 4143 68.

The information in this email and any attachments is confidential and intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee(s). It may be subject to legal, professional
or other privilege and further distribution of it is strictly prohibited without our authority.
 If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy,
distribute, or retain this message or any part of it, and should notify us immediately.