From "Rakesh Patel" <Rakesh.Pa...@sharepeople.com>
Subject RE: Log4J Eclipse
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 16:31:13 GMT
Well I found this link:

http://www.magpiebrain.com/archives/2003/09/19/ganymede_revisited_log4j_
in_eclipse

I can now programmatically configure log4j and it produces output:

BasicConfigurator.configure(new SocketAppender("localhost",4445));

The line numbers don't appear though. If anyone has managed to get it to
work with a property file, please post it here!!!

Thanks

Rakesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Rakesh Patel
Sent: 04 October 2005 17:18
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: RE: Log4J Eclipse

I've just installed Ganymede but cannot get it to work. No errors, just
nothing. Here's my property file:

log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, Ganymede

log4j.appender.Ganymede=org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender
log4j.appender.Ganymede.remoteHost=localhost
log4j.appender.Ganymede.port=4445
log4j.appender.Ganymede.locationInfo=true

I would put this question on sourceforge but the last post was over a
year ago so not sure if anyone's there.

Rakesh

PS Am using Eclipse 3.1