From illum...@speakeasy.net
Subject Catching Log4j Exceptions
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 20:24:00 GMT
I have a question which has likely been answered (sorry, couldn't find
it):  I'm using a UDPAppender so I want to be able to catch exceptions
like UnknownHostException or BindException, but if I do...

log.info("sending UDP message");

and it fails, the Exception is sent to the console, but I'm not able to
catch it in my code.  What is the intended way that I should handle
these types of exceptions?

Thanks for any help!
/ErikAnthony

p.s.
If there is a wiki or FAQ that I should normally consult (other than
the archive of this user list) that would be really helpful too.
Thanks again!
/EA