From "Chaohua Wang" <chaohua.w...@premierdata.com>
Subject RE: How to start chainsaw
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:04:59 GMT
Hi Scott,
Thank you,
Yes, tab is set to PROP.hostname - PROP.application,
In the chainwas-log event panel, I can see a line in Message: "using
c:/chainsaw/chainsaw.xml for auto-configuration. But in the Logger tree
panel, I can only see all org.apache... tree, not my package tree.

The following is the chainsaw.xml.
In the view-show application wide preferences menu, I set
file:///c:/chainsaw/chainsaw.xml.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE log4j:configuration >
<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
debug="true">

   <plugin name="LogFileReceiver"
class="org.apache.log4j.varia.LogFilePatternReceiver">
     <param name="fileURL"
value="file:///D:/jboss/server/default/log/server.log"/>
     <param name="timestampFormat" value="yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss,SSS"/>
     <param name="logFormat" value="TIMESTAMP LEVEL [LOGGER] MESSAGE"/>
     <param name="name" value="myReceiver"/>
     <param name="tailing" value="true"/>
   </plugin>

   <root>