From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DailyFileAppender exception
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:34:15 GMT

On Feb 15, 2006, at 5:03 PM, Kamal Ahmed wrote:

> Hi,
>

> The method (below) produces an exception. My objective is to log a
> known
> string , like "Entering Application".
>
> Could anyone please give me a clue of what is happening?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Kamal.

The code fragment you sent did not appear to correspond to the
exception stack trace.

> Entering Applicationtestjava.lang.Throwable: exception
>
>           at
> com.webmethods.sc.logging.test.unit.WmDailyFileAppenderTest.<init>
> (WmDailyFi
> leAppenderTest.java:43)

What is at line 43 of WmDailyFileAppenderTest.java?

 From the call stack, it looks like the constructor of a unit test
which is typically just a call to super(testName), something like:

public class WmDailyFileAppenderTest extends TestCase {
     public WmDailyFileAppenderTest(final String testName) {
        super(testName);
    }

   //  rest of unit test goes here
}