From <duvelbier-tsm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JDBCAppender to MS Access Database
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 18:08:39 GMT
It should be doable with the OJDBC driver...
Slow and definitively not a smart idea ... IMHO but it should work

\T,

-- Any fool can write code that a computer can understand.
Good programmers write code that humans can understand.
                                                   Martin Fowler
T. : +32 (0)2 742 05 94
M. : +32 (0)497 44 68 12
@  : duvelbier-tsmets@yahoo.com
Do you skype too ... ?

----- Original Message ----
From: "Pitchko, John SCAN" <John.Pitchko@shell.com>
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Sent: Monday, March 6, 2006 4:27:52 PM
Subject: JDBCAppender to MS Access Database

Hello,

I'm in the process of upgrading one of our archaic applications from VBA code embedded in
a MS Access database to a more robust and better designed Java app. I'm only working on the
first part at the moment and will be using the Log4J libray to handle my logging needs. My
boss wants me to save all log messages to a table in the Access database, just like it is
now.

I haven't had too much luck setting up the JDBCAppender to connect to the Access database.
Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks.

John Pitchko
Programmer/Analyst