From Eric Frizziero <eric.frizzi...@lnl.infn.it>
Subject log4j-1.3alpha-7.jar: two different archives in Chainsaw and Log4J distributions.
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 16:07:25 GMT
Hi All!

I'm using Chainsaw to display log messages from my application.
After the new release of Chainsaw (SVN tag 'release_20060302'), I am not
able to display the log messages any longer.

My application uses the LocationInfo class (Log4j class);
Both Chainsaw and my application uses the log4j-1.3alpha-7.jar.

After having investigated, I have noted that previous LocationInfo class
is contained in two different packages in Chainsaw and Log4J distributions:
- "org.apache.log4j.spi"               in the
log4j-1.3alpha-7.jar         (Chainsaw distribution);
- "org.apache.log4j.spi.location"  in the log4j-1.3alpha-7.jar
(Log4j distribution)

Why the core jar log4j-1.3alpha-7.jar (named with the same version
1.3alpha-7) is not the same in both the distributions?
Is there probably a mistake in the Chainsaw distribution? Or something
else ...?

Thanks in advance,
  E r i c.