From "Toby Champion" <t...@tobychampion.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Chainsaw]: New bundles created for general consumption
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 11:34:26 GMT
Hello,

I've just discovered Chainsaw and would love to get this new
release working for me. I see from the archive that you've asked
for comments, so here goes.

This software is just what I want right now. Immediately I'm put
off though because of the web page it sems to live at:
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/chainsaw.html. It all looks
a bit of a mess and I couldn't find out how to download and
install the thing without "Webstart", something I want to avoid
having to learn about right now. I'd be happy to build the thing
from source if I could get hold of it. Maybe it's all too early
or I've got the wrong end of the stick.

So, how can I install Chainsaw v2 without Webstart?

Also, the first thing I see when I run Chainsaw is a popup I
don't understand. Not sure what's needed here; I was just giving
my first impressions.

Toby Champion

Java/Jython developer, Brighton, England