From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Configuring log4j under wsad
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 19:04:12 GMT

Unfortunately, if you are going to use the default PARENT_FIRST mode, you will
need to put log4j and commons-logging.properties where commons-logging.jar can
find them.  If commons-logging.jar is a server-level library, then that's where
all the jars have to go (at least with commons-logging's autodiscovery).

This might have changed with recent release candidates of commons-logging-1.1.
I know they vastly improved the discovery process and the classloading quirks,
but I can't say that I've tried it myself yet.

http://cvs.apache.org/repository/commons-logging/jars/

If you only required Log4j, you'd have no problem.  Simply use a repository
selector and it doesn't matter where log4j is.  You'd be logging to your own
logger repository regardless of whether log4j is shared amongst multiple
applications or not.  With commons-logging in the mix, it becomes difficult.

Jake

Quoting David.Hodgman@nab.com.au: