From Meera Mehta <mehtame...@yahoo.com>
Subject Why DenyAllFilter??
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 05:30:37 GMT
Hi,

I am little bit aware of Log4J, in my next project i
am going to use it.

I have gone threw log4j.varia StringMatchFilter but
one strange thing i found is when my message do not
contain matching string, in that case also its logging
that message (ideally it should not!!!!!).

i have gone threw archive and got that we have to use
DenyAllFilter. i have used that and it works.

but i want to know why its happening?? ideally if
String is not matching then it should not log that
message!!!!!so why its logging that message????

please reply me.

Thanx,
Mehta