From Philip Georgiev <georg...@msiwp.com>
Subject Logfile Flushing Delay
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 08:48:56 GMT
Hi,
I am having problems with the file flushing in log4j. When something is logged,
it appears into the log file only when the server (in my case Tomcat 5.5.7) is
restarted. I am developing a web app using NetBeans and I need to see the new
entries in the log files immeadiately (for the debugging). I have read quite
many emails from the log4j user lists, but I couldn't find any answer to that
problem. I have set the following properties of the RollingFileAppender that I
add to the Logger instance:

     fa.setImmediateFlush(true);
     fa.setBufferedIO(false);
     fa.setBufferSize(0);

Unfortunately, that didn't help.
I will appreciate a lot any suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Philip Georgiev