From "Darren Hall" <dh...@utrs.com>
Subject Dynamic log names
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 21:34:50 GMT
Question for everyone,

I'm generating two log files, an event log and an error log using Log4j
1.2.13 and Struts 1.2.9 on Tomcat 5.5 on a Windows Pro dev box.

Currently I'm using the FileAppender class to generate the logs.

What I'd like to do is generate daily logs with a filename along the lines
of uwaf-event.2006-05-03.log and uwaf-error.2006-05-03.log.

Meaning I'd like to append the date into the name of the log file.

How would I go about doing this?

And do I need to use a different class to generate the log (maybe
RollingFileAppender or DailyFileAppender)?

Thanks,

Darren