From "Kailash KN" <kailash...@thbs.com>
Subject Specifying my appender in property file
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:51:49 GMT
Hi,
I have written my own Appender extending RollingFileAppender, how do i specify log4j to use
my appender instead of log4j's RollingFileAppender???
This change has to be done in the property file.

Here goes an excerpt of my log4j.properties file -

log4j.debug=true
log4j.logger.debugLogg=DEBUG, RollOver
log4j.appender.RollOver=?
log4j.appender.RollOver.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.RollOver.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{dd-MMM-yyyy  HH\:mm\:ss} %6p - %m %n

What do i specify in the place of "?"

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kailash.K.N.