From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Weblogic - Concurrent access of the same appender by dif. applications
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 17:41:29 GMT
Quoting Maxence Terzan <maxence.terzan@etudiant.univ-lille1.fr>:

> Jacob Kjome <hoju <at> visi.com> writes:
>
> > Are the EAR's both running in the same JVM?  Do you have append="true" in
> the
> > config for the file appenders?  I would think it would work you have all
> this
> > set up correctly.
> >
> > Jake
>
> The EAR are running in the same JVM. (The one of Weblogic's server).
> [Actually, clustering is used so I make the test on one instance of the
> cluster]
>
> And yes, I did specify append="true".
>
> The problem doesn't appear on my local machine but when I deploy it on the
> production server, the applications are not correctly logged.
>
> I wonder if the fact that in each EAR, I use a log4j jar file that writes in
> the
> same log file isn't the cause of the trouble...

First, I wish you hadn't remove the original text of the conversation.  I don't
fully remember what you originally wrote.  I'll answer from what I can
remember...

Well, I guess I would recommend that different applications write to different
log files but, ultimately, it shouldn't matter if this is happening in the same
JVM.  Two separate JVM's would end up with file locking contention, but the same
JVM should be fine.  I wonder if you have another config file that is being used
for one or both apps that you didn't realize.  It might not have append=true.

Jake