From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: setting up log4j
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 05:02:15 GMT

Put log4j.jar and commons-logging-adapters-1.1.jar (see
commons-logging release notes for this newly distributed jar) in
WEB-INF/lib.  This assumes that commons-logging-api.jar is in the
classpath.  If this doesn't work, just use the
commons-logging-1.1.jar.  Put your Log4j config file in
WEB-INF/classes.  You might want to use log4j.xml, since the XML
config files are picked up in preference to the properties files and
if there is a log4j.xml elsewhere on the classpath, Log4j might use
it instead of the properties file you think it is using.  When in
doubt, set -Dlog4j.debug=true.

Jake