From "Jitendra Kharche" <Jitendra.Khar...@geometricsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Reload config file
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 13:56:55 GMT

Thanks.
That will be fine for me because I just want to change the log level and not aiming any changes
in logger or appender definations.

Regards,
Jitendra

-----Original Message-----
From: Javier Gonzalez [mailto:jagonzal@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 6:47 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Reload config file

Yes, you can. Be careful, though, that reloading, AFAIK, doesn't drop the old configuration
and load the new one, it loads the new config on top of the old one. Which means that, if
you configured an appender, and then reload the file without that appender, said appender
still "exists" and is configured as per the old config.

(somebody please correct me if I'm wrong :)

--
Javier González Nicolini