From <Joshua.P.Willi...@alltel.com>
Subject Chainsaw doesn't show receiver tab for LogFilePatternReceiver
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 20:58:40 GMT
I am using log4j in one of my projects and was hoping to be able to read this file with chainsaw,
however after setting up a receiver for my log file within chainsaw, I don't get a tab to
view the results.
I have attached a sample log file to this e-mail.
I have also tried using the attached config file.
I am creating a receiver for the file using the following parameters;

fileURL:  file:///c:/events.log
filterExpression:  %r [%t] %-5p %c %x - %m%n
logFormat:  PROP[RELATIVETIME) [THREAD] LEVEL LOGGER * - MESSAGE
name:  TGV
tailing:  false
timestampFormat:  yyyy-MM-d HH:mm:ss,SSS

In the Chainsaw log tab I am seeing messages that my filter expression is incorrect.

The information contained in this message, including attachments, may contain privileged or
confidential information that is intended to be delivered only to the person identified above.
If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering this message
to the intended recipient, ALLTEL requests that you immediately notify the sender and asks
that you do not read the message or its attachments, and that you delete them without copying
or sending them to anyone else.