From meissa.sa...@nxbp.fr
Subject poblem with multiple application configurations
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:12:49 GMT

Hi all,
I have several applications and I have trouve while trying to have a log
file per application.
For each application I define a log4j.xml file in it's classpath. But
instead of having separate log files,
all log instructions are written in the same log file.

Can someone tells me what to change in order to have my logs instructions
in the files they are intended to.

here is an example of a log4j.xml file
For each application, I only change the log file name(in bold).

<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
debug="false">

   <appender name="FILE"
class="org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender">
      <param name="File" value="/var/log/jboss/intraneta/webapps/
my_application_name.log"/>
          <param name="Threshold" value="ERROR"/>
      <param name="Append" value="false"/>

         <!-- The default pattern: Date Priority [Category] Message\n -->
         <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d %-5p %c{1} [%M] -
%m%n"/>

      </layout>
   </appender>

   <root>

      <appender-ref ref="FILE"/>
   </root>

</log4j:configuration>

thanks in advance.

Meissa

L'integrite de ce message n'etant pas assuree sur internet, Natexis
Banques Populaires ne peut etre tenu responsable de
son contenu. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est
interdite. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le
detruire et d'avertir l'expediteur.

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed
on the Internet. Natexis Banques Populaires can not therefore be
considered responsible for the contents.Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then please delete it and
notify the sender.