From "Javier Gonzalez" <jagon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: different log level and appender for different category
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 15:20:30 GMT
First off, "Category" is from older releases. It has been deprecated
and replaced with Logger.

The easiest way to achieve what you want (different log levels and
files for different loggers) is to define different appenders and
attach them to the loggers you want, and disabling additivity to said
loggers. That way their output is restricted to that appender only and
you don't get mixed up output at the root logger.

cheers,

JGN

On 6/6/06, Joe Wong (Mango) <joewong@mango.cc> wrote:
> Hi, I am new to Log4j. What is the easiest way to setup log4j so that my application
can have different logging level and appender ( different log file ) based on the category
name?

--
Javier González Nicolini