From Tomislav <zim...@gmail.com>
Subject log4j.properties and relative path issues
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 09:37:46 GMT
Hello,

The problem is simple, not sure about the solution.
Here's the thing; I need to define the relative path to configuration file
defined in log4j.properties file. Information in this configuration file is then
used in the custom appender I wrote. It works fine with absolute paths defined
in log4j.properties file, but I'm at a loss as to what to do with this relative
path issue.

If I wasn't clear enough, here's an example of what I have, and what I'd like to
do...

Below is a line in log4j.properties file with current setting for the
configuration file for my custom appender. This is the way with everything
working just fine.

log4j.appender.CUSTOM.configurationFile=C:\\workspace\\conf.file

However, what I'd like to get is something like this

log4j.appender.CUSTOM.configurationFile=conf.file

or

log4j.appender.CUSTOM.configurationFile=.\\conf.file,

or something similar.

I've seen some posts, not sure if I got them right though, that in case of use
of relative paths in log4j.properties file there needs to be done some
additional coding in servlets and so on. In my case, unfortunately, this is not
the option.

Thank you,
Tomislav