From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Struts and commons logging
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 16:54:23 GMT
Quoting Raghuveer <raghuveerv@infotechsw.com>:

> We use struts applications and loggging by log 4j.
>
> We are configuring loggers like normal MVS application.
>
> But,
> What is that i need to do if i want my struts application to use
> commons-logging for logging.

I'm not quite sure I understand the question?  commons-logging is a wrapper for
logging implementations.  If you are currently using Log4j for application
logging, then it is probably the implementation of choice for struts logging.
Simply define a logger for struts...

<logger name="org.apache.struts">
    <level value="INFO"/>
</logger>

presumably, you've already defined an appender in the primordial <root> logger,
so no need to define another here unless you care to.

Jake