From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject RE: Struts and commons logging
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:51:42 GMT
log4j.xml, of course.  Struts, itself, has nothing to do with logging.  That is
left to commons-logging, which it utilizes.  And since commons-logging, in
turn, utilizes logging implementations (using runtime discovery), your logging
configuration would be for the logging implementation that you use.

The only possible extra config is a commons-logging.properties file that might
explicitly state the logging configuration you wish to use.  However, since
commons-logging uses Log4j in preference to other implementations (if it is
found, using discovery, at runtime), you usually don't need to provide such a
config file.

So, just configure Log4j and you should be golden.

Jake