From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <b...@redwerk.com>
Subject Re: problems with logging
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 08:39:36 GMT
On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 02:18:13PM -0400, Javier Gonzalez wrote:
> You only have an appender attached to the root logger, and the root
> logger is configured to show only messages of ERROR level and higher.

Right, but for org.apache.commons it is set to DEBUG.

> A possible fix is configuring the root Logger for DEBUG priority -
> however, this will leave all loggers logging at DEBUG level.

I tried that too - still have seen no logs except logs for my application. I
think it's because my application uses log4j explicitly, and libraries are
using commons logging from Jakarta. May be there is something to do about
using Log4J with commons logging somehow?

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky