From "Bender Heri" <HBen...@Ergonomics.ch>
Subject RE: [SPAM (Bayesain Analysis)] - problems with logging - Bayesian Filter detected spam
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 12:02:09 GMT
You didn't attach any appender to the loggers except the rootLogger.

It should look like this:

log4j.logger.org.apache.commons.httpclient=DEBUG, stdout

Probably you also want to set additivity of this logger to false, otherwise log entries it
would appear twice in stdout (one time by this logger, the second time by the rootLogger):

log4j.logger.org.apache.commons.httpclient.additivity=false    (<- not shure about correct
syntax, I usually use xml config files).

BTW: the term "category" is deprecated and replaced by "logger" with absolutely the same sematics.

Heri