From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: configuration of DBAppender with Log4j....
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 00:46:57 GMT

Hi Yaramaka,

You wrote two separate emails in a row to this list with completely
different attempts at solving the same problem.  Besides that, you
wrote to my personal email address 3 times trying to get me to write
your config file.  Your sense of email list etiquette is
lacking.  It's also clear that you have not done much of your own
research before asking the list for help.  It also seems odd to me
that, with your seeming lack of experience, you would attempt to use
an alpha release that is very much less documented than the existing
stable 1.2.xx releases.  Here are some hints that might help you...

1.  Learn email list etiquette.  Try reading this...
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html
2.  http://google.com/ and http://ask.com/ are your friends.  Use them.
3.  Searchable list archives can be even more
helpful:  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=log4j-user&r=1&w=2
4.  Project documentation can
help:  http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/documentation.html
5.  The log4j wiki can help:
http://wiki.apache.org/logging-log4j/Log4JProjectPages
6.  using the latest *stable* version can help
(1.2.13):  http://logging.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi
7.  looking at the source can
help:  http://logging.apache.org/site/repositories.html

If you make a good faith effort come up with a solution and you still
need help, people will help you.  If you email people directly at
their personal addresses multiple times and are otherwise rude, you
will get only as much help as you deserve.

Jake