From "Gundersen, Richard" <Richard.Gunder...@london-scottish.com>
Subject RE: Changing logging level for a specific appender via code
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:54:30 GMT
Hi Jaikiran

Perfect! Thanks for that tip, it works great now!

For anyone else who might have this problem in future, here's what's
required:

**************************
AppenderSkeleton a
=(AppenderSkeleton)Logger.getRootLogger().getAppender("DB");
a.setThreshold(Level.toLevel("WARN"));
**************************

Regards

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: jaikiran pai [mailto:jai_forums2005@yahoo.co.in]
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 11:41 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Changing logging level for a specific appender via code

I guess what you are looking for is setting the threshold level on the
appender. If so, then have a look at the

  public  void setThreshold(Priority threshold)

  method on org.apache.log4j.AppenderSkeleton

  regards,
  -Jaikiran

"Gundersen, Richard" <Richard.Gundersen@london-scottish.com> wrote:
  Hi

I have two appenders, one called stdout, and one called DB

I would like to change the logging level of of the appender called DB,
through my Java code.

Please could someone give an example? I can use

...logger.setLevel(...), but won't this change the level for ALL
appenders?

I was hoping that once I had the correct 'Appender' instance, there
would be a setLevel method, but there isn't.

Sure this is due to my lack of understanding of the class hierarchy, but
if it's possible, would be grateful if someone could tell me.

Thanks

Richard

*** Disclaimer ***

This electronic communication is confidential and for the exclusive use
of the addressee. It may contain private and confidential information.
The information, attachments and opinions contained in this E-mail are
those of its author only and do not necessarily represent those of
London Scottish Bank PLC or any other members of the London Scottish
Group.

If you are not the intended addressee, you are prohibited from any
disclosure, distribution or further copying or use of this communication
or the information in it or taking any action in reliance on it. If you
have received this communication in error please notify the Information
Security Manager at ISM@London-Scottish.com as soon as possible and
delete the message from all places in your computer where it is stored.

We utilise virus scanning software but we cannot guarantee the security
of electronic communications and you are advised to check any
attachments for viruses. We do not accept liability for any loss
resulting from any corruption or alteration of data or importation of
any virus as a result of receiving this electronic communication.

Replies to this E-mail may be monitored for operational or business
reasons. London Scottish Bank PLC is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority.

 Find out what India is talking about on  Yahoo! Answers India.
 So, what's NEW about the NEW Yahoo! Messenger? Find out.