From "James Stauffer" <stauffer.ja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dbapender/dbreceiver config help
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 05:05:45 GMT
I think there are samples in the source code (maybe in the tests).

On 7/18/06, Tony Guadagno <tonyg@guadagno.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>   Thanks for taking the time.  I understand that these are used for chainsaw and that
is what I want them for.  I am using 1.2x right now.  I will go to 1.3x for this.  I have
looked at the docs..............and they suck.....well, I mean, they suck in the way that
they do not help you form an xml config file.  I need to see someones config file to understand
what info is required and what the format is.

> Tony Guadagno
> Guadagno Consulting
> tonyg@guadagno.org
> 585.703.6700

> First DBAppender is used if you want to write logs to a database.
> DBReceiver is used if you want Chainsaw to read them from the
> database.  If you look at how other appenders are configured and the
> Javadocs for DBAppender it should be pretty easy to figure out how to
> configure it.  Which version of log4j are you using?
>
> On 7/17/06, Tony Guadagno <tonyg@guadagno.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >   I have been using log4j for a while, but I am very new to dbappender/dbreceiver.
 I want to start using.  I cannot find ANY docs on how to configure.  Could anyone please
step me through what is needed on the appender and receiver side?

> > thanks

> > Tony Guadagno
> > Guadagno Consulting
> > tonyg@guadagno.org