From "Javier Gonzalez" <jagon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problems with logging
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 18:18:13 GMT
You only have an appender attached to the root logger, and the root
logger is configured to show only messages of ERROR level and higher.

A possible fix is configuring the root Logger for DEBUG priority -
however, this will leave all loggers logging at DEBUG level.

Another fix could be configuring a second appender that logs to a
separate file, and attaching it to the loggers you are interested in
monitoring at DEBUG level.

On 6/30/06, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bofh@redwerk.com> wrote:
> Hello!
> I have strange problem with Log4J version 1.2.13
> My log4j.properties file looks like:
>
> log4j.rootLogger=ERROR, stdout
> log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p %d{dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss} [%t] (%C{1}:%L)
- %m%n
> log4j.logger.httpclient.wire=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.org.apache.commons.httpclient=DEBUG
> log4j.category.httpclient.wire=DEBUG
>
> For some reason I can see ERROR logs from my application, but I can't see
> DEBUG logs for package org.apache.commons.httpclient (they are using
> commons.logging, which is supposed to work fine with log4j).
>
> Any ideas why is that and how to enable logging in this case?
> --
> Eugene N Dzhurinsky

Javier González Nicolini