From Tak√°cs Bence <takacs.be...@gmail.com>
Subject creating log files which are readable for Chainsaw
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:41:14 GMT
Hello

I use a SocketServer to collect the logs to a server, then I store them
into files. I use XmlLayout for formatting.

If I watch the files with Chainsaw, the Class, Method, Line, MDC fields
are empty, even though the are in present on the clients console. I
haven't find theese values in the XML file either. I don't think that
the SocketAppender would be responsible for the vanishing, so I think
that the XMLLayout mess up the datas somehow.

My question is: how can I config the SocketServer to make a file which
consists theese values and is readable with Chainsaw?
In general: How (with which pattern configuration) can I make files
which consists theese values and is readable with Chainsaw?

Thanks:
   Bence