From "Blok, Eelke" <eelke.b...@numico.com>
Subject RE: Change the log hierarchy on a log server
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 13:00:17 GMT
I don't have experience with Log4J in Tomcat, but the usual solution is to make sure the originating
server is in an MDC field. This may well be taken care of in your setup already.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bence Tak√°cs [mailto:takacs.bence@gmail.com]
Sent: maandag 4 december 2006 13:33
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: Change the log hierarchy on a log server

Hello

I have a log server (SimpleSocketServer), which gathers all the log4j clients log. All the
clients use their application specific settings, and a root logger (in ERROR level) to catch
tomcat Exceptions.

To the server the log hierarchy is like this: mycountry.mycompany.myapplication1
mycountry.mycompany.myapplication2
mycountry.mycompany.myapplication3
org.apache.catalina

In this way if I get a tomcat error, I don't know which server was the source of the exception.

Does any way to change the logging hierarchy like this: myserver1.mycountry.mycompany.myapplication1
myserver1.org.apache.catalina myserver2.mycountry.mycompany.myapplication2
myserver2.org.apache.catalina myserver3.mycountry.mycompany.myapplication3
myserver3.org.apache.catalina

Thanks:
  Bence