logging-log4j-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: NDC and MDC fileds with XML layout
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 18:49:54 GMT
Properties = MDC

Scott Deboy
Principal Engineer
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950
Portland, OR  97201
Telephone: 503.224.7496
Cell: 503.997.1367
Fax: 503.222.0185
sdeboy@comotivsystems.com
www.comotivsystems.com


-----Original Message-----
From: Bence Takács [mailto:takacs.bence@gmail.com] 
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 10:39 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: NDC and MDC fileds with XML layout

Maybe it can..., but where? When I display a message I see only the
following ffileds:

Level
Logger
Time
Thread
Message
NDC
Class
Method
Line
File
Properties

Nothing about MDC. I use the Java Web Start link displayed in the
Chainsaw web site. It's version 2.

Thanks:
   Bence


On 12/5/06, Scott Deboy <sdeboy@comotivsystems.com> wrote:
> Chainsaw can process regular text files (using LogFilePatternReceiver).
>
> Chainsaw can display MDC and NDC entries, regardless if the log file is in XMLLayout
format or regular text format.
>
>
>
> Scott Deboy
> Principal Engineer
> COMOTIV SYSTEMS
> 111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950
> Portland, OR  97201
> Telephone: 503.224.7496
> Cell: 503.997.1367
> Fax: 503.222.0185
> sdeboy@comotivsystems.com
> www.comotivsystems.com
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bence Takács [mailto:takacs.bence@gmail.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 8:36 AM
> To: Log4J Users List
> Subject: Re: NDC and MDC fileds with XML layout
>
> ...or how can I display them (NDC and MDC fields) with Chainsaw, if I
> have to save the logs into a file? (and have to load the file with
> Chainsaw)
>
> Does any other program for displaying log4j logs hierarchically?
>
> Thanks:
>    Bence
>
> On 12/5/06, Bence Takács <takacs.bence@gmail.com> wrote:
> > How can I get the NDC and MDC fileds, if I'm using XML layout?
> >
> > Thanks:
> >    Bence
> >
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: log4j-user-unsubscribe@logging.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: log4j-user-help@logging.apache.org
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: log4j-user-unsubscribe@logging.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: log4j-user-help@logging.apache.org
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: log4j-user-unsubscribe@logging.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: log4j-user-help@logging.apache.org


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: log4j-user-unsubscribe@logging.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: log4j-user-help@logging.apache.org


Mime
View raw message