From jelka.ko...@atol.si
Subject how to achieve that always when warn, error or fatal is logged also exception is raised
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 09:06:19 GMT
Hi !

I use Apache Fop for xml to pdf transformations (I use it on Domino Server
6.5 with java 1.3).

I just installed Log4J (logging-log4j-1.2.14.zip), and works fine with
Fop. Now my problem is that Fop only logs some errors when transforming,
but I would like those errors to raise an exception so I could catch them
in the Java code I've written and react on them.

I tried to implement my own ErrorListener but it somehow does not work
(mind that I'm not a very experienced Java programmer).

Now I'm looking at the possibility to configure Log4J so it would do that
for me -> whenever method error would be called upon logger it would also
raise an exception and propagate it to my
Java code. Now is this possible at all ?

Thank you