From "Charles Tuckey" <ctuc...@gmail.com>
Subject Conflict with apr libraries
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 23:08:45 GMT
Hi,

I  am using log4cxx in a program that also uses libpangoft2
(/usr/lib64/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0.1400.8) - running on Fedora Core 6.

I am building log4cxx from CVS. The build integrates functions from
apr, apr-util and expat directly into the log4cxx library. These
functions conflict with what pangoft2 is expecting and my program seg
faults. I built log4cxx without the apr functions and I don't get the
seg fault.

My question is why the apr functions are automatically built-in to
log4cxx? Shouldn't a check be made to see if they already exist as a
shared library and, if so, use the existing shared libraries instead?

--
Regards,
    Charlie