From "Bence Takács" <takacs.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change the log hierarchy on a log server
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 16:53:40 GMT
Hello

I'm sorry, I haven't used MDC before. How can I set it from the config
(properties, or xml) file?

What do you mean "at the beginning of every servlet call"? You mean
that all my servlet has to set MDC in the doGet(), and doPost()
methods? Could you write an example code?

Thanks:
   Bence

On 12/4/06, James Stauffer <stauffer.james@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you set the MDC at the beginning of every servlet call then most
> errors will have it set.
>
> On 12/4/06, Bence Takács <takacs.bence@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > Could you express, what do you mean? In the documentation there is no
> > example for managing MDC-s from config files (only for reading them).
> > But I cannot change tomcat's codes, i can change it's logging
> > properties from the logging.properties, or xml file.
> >
> > Could you help me, how can I manage MDC through this kinds of config files?
> >
> > Thanks:
> >    Bence
> >

> > On 12/4/06, Blok, Eelke <eelke.blok@numico.com> wrote:
> > > I don't have experience with Log4J in Tomcat, but the usual solution is to
make sure the originating server is in an MDC field. This may well be taken care of in your
setup already.

log. All the clients use their application specific settings, and a root logger (in ERROR
level) to catch tomcat Exceptions.