From "James Stauffer" <stauffer.ja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change the log hierarchy on a log server
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 15:38:03 GMT
If you set the MDC at the beginning of every servlet call then most
errors will have it set.

On 12/4/06, Bence Takács <takacs.bence@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Could you express, what do you mean? In the documentation there is no
> example for managing MDC-s from config files (only for reading them).
> But I cannot change tomcat's codes, i can change it's logging
> properties from the logging.properties, or xml file.
>
> Could you help me, how can I manage MDC through this kinds of config files?
>
> Thanks:
>    Bence
>

> On 12/4/06, Blok, Eelke <eelke.blok@numico.com> wrote:
> > I don't have experience with Log4J in Tomcat, but the usual solution is to make
sure the originating server is in an MDC field. This may well be taken care of in your setup
already.

All the clients use their application specific settings, and a root logger (in ERROR level)
to catch tomcat Exceptions.

James Stauffer        http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/