From AM <gimps...@yahoo.it>
Subject log4j conflict
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 14:39:35 GMT
I'm experiencing the following:

I've a Running Tomcat 5.0 with log4j-1.2.12.jar in $TOMCAT_HOME/shared/lib

Wanted functioning:
I have a library, let's say myLib.jar,  which I put in $TOMCAT_HOME/shared/lib
in order to let a few webapplications using it. The myLib library uses log4j
too for its own logging.
Moreover I've a few webapplications, let's say MyWebApp_1 and MyWebApp_2,
deployed as usual in $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/. Both of them logging and using
myLib.

What I get is the following.
 myLib can't log as Log4j can't initalize correctly: a ClassLoader exception
occurs when both the main ClassLoader and webApplications' classloader find the
same classes.
Tried removing the  log4j.jar and using  just log4j.properties in the
webapplication, but in this case, I couldn't get the webappl's log working.

 Can't use a different logging library or change the deployment.
Any hint??