From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Re: Location Information in Chainsaw
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 22:13:43 GMT
You need to turn on Location information on the appender side that is
sending events to chainsaw.

For example, SocketAppender:

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/org/apache/log4j/net/
SocketAppender.html#setLocationInfo(boolean)

cheers,

Paul

On 19/06/2007, at 8:09 AM, Cheung, Quinn wrote:

> Does anyone know why log location information (ie: class name,
> file, line etc... ) is not being displayed for logging events in
> chainsaw?  The columns are shown in the panel for each of the log
> events but they're always empty.
>
> Is there something I have to enable for the location information to
> be displayed?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Quinn

Paul Smith
Core Engineering Manager

Aconex
The easy way to save time and money on your project

696 Bourke Street, Melbourne,
VIC 3000, Australia
Tel: +61 3 9240 0200  Fax: +61 3 9240 0299
Email: psmith@aconex.com  www.aconex.com

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee.
The contents may be privileged, confidential and/or subject to
copyright or other applicable law. No confidentiality or privilege is
lost by an erroneous transmission. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please let us know by reply e-mail and delete or destroy
this mail and all copies. If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in
reliance on it. The sender takes no responsibility for the effect of
this message upon the recipient's computer system.