From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: log4j log file configuraiton
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 04:41:38 GMT

What I do is reference a property that I know my web application will
set up for me upon application startup that is uniquely named, but
predictable.  For instance, if your webapp context is named "MyApp",
then you'd reference ${MyApp.log.home} and create this property
*before* manually configuring log4j.

I set up code to generate the system property and value automatically
in the log4j-sandbox.  I suggest grabbing the alpha2 or alpha3 tag if
you want a codebase that will compile and deploy against Log4j
1.2.x.  See my latest updates to the following wiki entry....

http://wiki.apache.org/logging-log4j/AppContainerLogging

Jake