From Wayne Cannon <wcan...@turinnetworks.com>
Subject Re: isFatalEnabled()?
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:49:05 GMT
It's best to check for "isDebugEnabled", etc., externally if performance
is a consideration, since an external test avoids the time-consuming
concatenating and formatting strings if it won't be used.  If you use
the test inside log4j, you will pay the penalty for these operations,
even if they are not going to be logged.  This ability is a key feature
of log4j and all other good logging systems.  --Wayne