From "Shah, Tejas" <tejas.s...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject Custom fields using Log4j JDBCAppender
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 20:30:20 GMT
Hello,

I am using JDBCAppender to log information into a database. I need to
log several custom fields along with logging message and default fields
provided by JDBCAppender. I have searched about this issue and found out
a post from 2003 which does outline an alternative approach using
ExtendedPatternLayout. My question is if there is an easier way to
accomplish this. I mean easier than writing few lines of code which
would parse message string for fields and would just do a database
insert?

Thanks for your help,

Tejas

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged Access to this
email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If
you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the
sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.