From ashish talati <ajtal...@yahoo.com>
Subject Chainsaw help
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:55:59 GMT
Hi there,
  I used Rolling file appender in chainsaw Reciever configuration to save the logs in one
seprete local file.
  It is working fine ,however I am facing following problems.
  1) In the local file Logs are saved without any timestamp information,I think it has to
do with some layout pattern but couldnt figure out.
  below is my appender config in chainsaw,

  appender name="RollingFile" class="org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender">
  <param name="File" value="C:\\chainsaw1.log"/>
  <param name="Append" value="true"/>
  <param name="MaxFileSize" value="1000KB"/>
  <param name="maxBackupIndex" value="5"/>
  <layout class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XMLLayout"/>
  </appender>

  2) How can I filter/avoid the Chainsaw internal logs that comes in "chainsaw-log" tab  to
store in the file along with my other logs. How can I use some filter?

  3) At the source side that is from where actual Socket appender is sending logs to the chainsaw,
what is the effect of Location Info=true/false in rolling file appender..(I am using it)??..
I tried both but dont noticed any change at chainsaw side....the NDC,Line,Method all fields
are null in both cases.

  4) when I Drag and drop the above XML file again in chainsaw it is giving me following error,

"Log4jEntityResolver.resolveEntity(null, dummy://log4j.dtd/log4j.dtd) called"

and the logs are keep increasing with this error.Please help in solving this problems.

Thanks.