From "Rao, Ashwini \(Ashwini\)" <ashwini...@alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject RE: help in deploying chainsaw V2 in the browser
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 04:43:11 GMT
Hi,
Thanks for replying.
Actually since ours is a web based application. We were looking for
something which will run inside the browser itself. So it will somewhat
look like belonging to our application itself.

So according to what you are saying, it looks like it is pretty much
tougher to implement it that way. Is there any other way of doing it of
which you know?

 I have one more doubt about the same. How do we give the client , the
XML file for socket connection ? I was able to run it locally. Am not
able to find out a way of sending it to the client. We took out the jar
and modified the default.properties, eventhough we see that the location
for the remote file is set, it is still not working.
Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot for any inputs.
-Ashwini

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Smith [mailto:psmith@aconex.com]
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2007 3:28 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: help in deploying chainsaw V2 in the browser

Right now I don't think there's a simple and straightforward way of
doing it.  You're talking about wrapping up Chainsaw as an applet.

Having said that, I'm not sure what that really gives you.. ?  Maybe
I don't understand the use case properly?

cheers,

Paul Smith
On 07/06/2007, at 10:15 PM, Rao, Ashwini (Ashwini) wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Our application uses jsp files extensively. What I want to do now is,
> want to make the chainsaw V2 to appear inside the browser.
>
> Maybe like provide a link or a button and the application runs inside
> the browser and not as a separate one from the browser.
>
> Will it be possible to do this ? Or is there any alternative other
> than
> using the link to jnlp which launches the application ?
>
> In need of urgent help!...
>

> Thanks
>
> Ashwini

Paul Smith
Core Engineering Manager

Aconex
The easy way to save time and money on your project

696 Bourke Street, Melbourne,
VIC 3000, Australia
Tel: +61 3 9240 0200  Fax: +61 3 9240 0299
Email: psmith@aconex.com  www.aconex.com

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee.
The contents may be privileged, confidential and/or subject to
copyright or other applicable law. No confidentiality or privilege is
lost by an erroneous transmission. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please let us know by reply e-mail and delete or destroy
this mail and all copies. If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in
reliance on it. The sender takes no responsibility for the effect of
this message upon the recipient's computer system.