From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: please help-chainsaw configuration
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:41:02 GMT
You can choose to add a fileAppender to Chainsaw's receiver
configuration, so every event received by the Chainsaw UI would also end
up in a file.

Scott Deboy
Principal Engineer
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950
Portland, OR  97201
Office: 503.224.7496
Direct Line: 503.821.6482
Cell: 503.997.1367
Fax: 503.222.0185
sdeboy@comotivsystems.com
www.comotivsystems.com

-----Original Message-----
From: ashish talati [mailto:ajtalati@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 9:15 AM
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: please help-chainsaw configuration

Hi there,
  I am using chainsaw to view my logs coming through remote host with
socket appender-reciever pair.
  Everything is working fine,the logs are coming in the different Tab
and I also saved the reciever config. through view-> application wide
pref.

  However when I close the chainsaw and start again my all logs are gone
with the tab.
  Please tell me how can I save the tab and the logs in that.

  My application is in real time so File-> save as would not work for
me, as If sudden shut down occurs in the system and chainsaw shutdown
before I save my logs manually.

  So I need some automatic way that save my tab and the logs.

  I will be grateful to you for any kind of help.

  Regards