From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: log4j:ERROR Could not connect to remote log4j server at [localhost]. We will try again later.
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 04:07:31 GMT

On Jun 15, 2007, at 4:13 AM, NarayanaRao Yenduri wrote:

> Hi
>
> i am getting log4j error as below. can you please
> provide pointers if any to fix this issue.
>
> log4j:ERROR Could not connect to remote log4j server
> at [localhost]. We will try again later.

Please do not cross-post usage questions to log4j-dev.

A SocketAppender only functions properly if there is a corresponding
SocketReceiver on the specified remote host to receive the serialized
logging events.  The message you received would be expected if you
had not started the receiver or if there was a firewall between the
machine running log4j and the remote host (or in this case, the same
machine).